The Bartow County School System maintains 18 Georgia Bright from the Start Pre-K classrooms. Each classroom is made up of 22 students, one certified teacher, and one paraprofessional. All classes follow a Bright from the Start curriculum.
Registration takes place early in the spring with a lottery-style drawing for class placement usually occurring mid- to late March.
- Priority will be given to the following groups: Children classified as Homeless and children in Foster Care; children of employees; and children residing in the school's attendance zone.
- Remaining slots will be filled by out-of-zone students.
- The lottery system will be used to determine enrollment when more students register than the number of available slots. Priority groups will be placed prior to the lottery process as space allows. For the 2019-2020 the lottery drawing will be held on March 15th at 9:30 at the Bartow County College and Career Academy.
- Only those who register between February 25th and March 1st are eligible for the available slots. All late registrants will be placed on the waiting list.
- Parents/Guardians will receive notification of whether their child has been placed in a class by letter. Letters will be mailed by April 15th. If it is determined that a child was registered at more than one site, he/she will not be enrolled in Pre-K.
As of March 4, 2019, Registration Week is now complete. All families still desiring to register their student for the 2019-2020 school year will need to complete that registration at the Central Registration Center located at 1653 Cassville Road, Cartersville, GA.